Sunday, June 1, 2008


Yesterday was a bit of a tough day, even if it was quite productive. In my attempts to get back onto a day time life, I managed to bifurcate my sleep cycle. I was sleeping from 9pm to 1am and then again from 10am to 2pm. I couldn't seem to get more than hours of sleep and I couldn't stay up longer than 8 or 9 hours. This has happened to me before, but only a couple of times. It is rather unpleasant.

I slept Friday night from 9pm to 12:30am and stayed up the rest of the night. I had agreed to go to Mandalay Bay for the World Tea Expo on her behalf. Those who know me well, know that I cannot stand drinking hot teas. (I'm not a big fan of ice tea either.) As far as I am concerned, they taste like twigs and weeds dissolved in water because, well, I guess that's what they are.

Nevertheless, Kim was not able to attend, so I went to go pick up the literature of a number of vendors she was interested in. The convention was just like any other wholesale convention I've been to, but the ones I went to for my restaurant were still the best. MMMM! Yummy food and drink everywhere for those, but here, every vendor had a set of bowls laid out, each laced with dried up weeds. No thanks.

I arrived around 10am and it seemed as though I was the only one there. I found out an hour later that the exhibitor displays weren't supposed to be open until 11:30. One guy asked how I managed to get in, I said, "I walked in." Funny thing is, the guard at the door looked right at my attendee's badge as I marched in 90 minutes too early. I guess there's something to be said for walking around with a bit too much confidence all the time. No one ever asks me if I know what I am doing until I do something incredibly stupid.

All things considered it was pretty fun. It was a nice change to be around so many people looking to help me, even if it was while they were trying to sell me non-hallucinogenic weeds. I told Kim that, while in Vegas, I have managed at times, to go days without saying a word. This should come as no surprise since I have blogged about not bothering to leave my apartment for a couple of days here and there. Who am I going to talk to? She said that this was unhealthy, though I would submit that most would consider it far more unhealthy if I had been talking to someone while alone in my apartment.

Anyway, I didn't start to feel tired until about 1pm. I walked to the monorail (a whole other story I won't get into today) and took it home. I then forced myself to stay up until 8pm. It was quite the trial, but I managed to do it while pacing in my apartment watching a handful of CSI: NY episodes. I am getting so sick of these CSI shows. Sadly, they are the "smartest" shows on TV, but they have so much obviously incorrect BS, it is getting on my nerves. I finally had to quit watching once they managed to lift a fingerprint off a dinner napkin. So much for being one of the smarter shows on TV.

I slept from 8:30pm to 7am. I am hoping this puts me back on a daytime cycle. I feel like a train hit me after walking around so much yesterday and forcing myself to stay up the extra 10 hours in the process. I'll try to take it easy today. But no naps!

Hope everyone had a good month of May.


charles said...

Hey Pat: Thank you for going to the Tea thing and sorry for waking you up the other day.


Doctor Augur said...

You're welcome.