Thursday, May 29, 2008

Takin' a Break,... Still?

I decided to take a break from the overly cerebral thoughts. It'll be days before anyone reads that stuff and I doubt anyone will comment. After all, if you're looking to discuss religion, you're looking for a fight. Hopefully, my opinions won't stir up any fights. Many people don't see how a mathematician like myself could reconcile religious issues with scientific principles. Hopefully, I have given people enough insight into that dynamic that they can understand.

Here is a short anecdote to show off how truly lazy I can get. With the exception of rent and my utilities, which gets tacked onto my rent, I pay all of my bills online. I set them on the corner of my command center and typically deal with them around the middle of the month. All I have to do is log onto my checking account online and set the date for which they are paid. It's a painless process that literally takes minutes. As you recall, mid month I finished the novel and took a break. Too lazy to pay the bills. Instead I finished off those Stargate episodes (more on that in a minute) and started pondering my God and my faith. Too lazy to pay the bills.

Anyway, it gets to the 26th, Memorial day, and this is when my internet bill is due. Still too lazy to pay it. On the 27th, I finally sit down and pay all of my bills. Don't worry, they're all on time except for my internet. Literally hours after I pay the bill, my service is cut. The bill will take a couple of days to process so I am currently without internet access. Hopefully, it'll be turned on late Thursday or early Friday. It wasn't like I forgot to pay it. Every day or two, I'd look at the bills sitting there and I just kept putting it off. Too many important things to think about, but really, that's just heady talk for, too lazy to pay it.

I am fortunate that I have evolved into a high enough being that I can access the internet with my mind. It seems the only tools I need to aid me in the process is my laptop and the wireless connector that's built in.

As I said a moment ago, I finished yet another project. My ten seasons of Stargate viewing has been completed. when last I commented, I praised the show for starting a cerebral long term plot arc. Unfortunately, it only lasted the second half of the ninth season and the first half of the tenth season before returning to the single serving size that bored me. I may, someday, revisit this plot arc, but I doubt I could muster up the energy to watch the entirity of this show again. Don't get me wrong. It's a fine show for what it does and it is enjoyable if for no other reason than it takes itself no more seriously than it needs to, but at the end of the day, I do not find it as gripping as I do other shows sci-fi shows. Mosse insists the show is much better when viewed one episode per week as opposed to back to back. I am sure he is correct.

That was a lot of TV viewing for me over the last month and a half or so, but I am glad to get it out of the way. It means I can start a new project, and like it or not, it's going to be the second novel. I have started it already, but not by much. Essentially, I have completed the preface and now it is time to pick up where I left off. I may or may not get to starting on it this weekend. Kim was supposed to come out and visit while attending a tea convention, but she had to cancel as things were too busy at the building. She has asked me to attend part of it on her behalf so I can pick up the literature.

In doing this, it will be the first time I have actually bothered to go down to the far end of the strip. I have been working on getting back on to a daytime schedule so that I can attend this convention for a day. It will also be good since I want to start the second novel in earnest on Sunday or Monday For some reason it has been quite tough flipping schedules this time around. I slept this morning from about 6am to noon and it was easily one of the worst six hour periods of sleep I have ever had. I was up seven times in that six hours, but I think this is a good thing. With any luck I can manage to stay awake until late this evening and sleep all night. We shall see.

No comments: