Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sunny Day; Chasing the Clouds Away.

I am honestly amazed at the power of the sun. It's 93 million miles away. At that distance it takes light eight minutes to get to the Earth. An amazing amount of time considering a light wave would circumnavigate the globe at the equator 7.5 times in a second. These are all facts that I have sitting on the top of my head, for whatever reason or another.

But knowing all these facts, I still can't believe a waning, late afternoon sun, has the power to illuminate the outdoors to the point that my one window, that lies on the other side of the building, will still let in enough light to allow me to see my toilet which sits around a corner in the back end of my apartment. Now that is just extraordinary power....

My apologies for not posting anything yesterday. I took the day off.. I just felt due for a day off. Completely unrelated, I have started slipping into an overnight pattern again. Thus, I woke up at 3:30pm and have ordered a pizza for breakfast as I listen to the Detroit Pistons - Philadelphia 76ers game. I am still a bit tired and don't know what to say as it is the beginning of my day. With any luck, I'll be able to take a nap for a couple of hours tonight which will allow me to stay up all day tomorrow. Or, at least, most of the day so I can go to bed at 9pm or so.

I would like to get right back on a day time schedule. I was rather enjoying being up during the day. Despite the fact that we had two 90-93 degree days, the rest of the week will be 75-85 and sunny, all day, every day. I am not mentioning this to brag, but as a precursor to my comment regarding the surprising coolness of my apartment on both of those days. I was very pleased to find that my apartment's temperature was quite tolerable even through the hottest parts of the day. This is good news as I want to use the air conditioning as little as possible.


I will leave everyone to their tasks and keep this post a bit on the short side. I want to get in some writing before midnight lest I go two days without getting any writing done. Plus, my pizza is here.

No comments: