Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Early to Bed, Early to Rise,...

Makes a man finish his day awfully early!

I slept from 10pm to 6am last night. I'm enjoying the night sleeping. I seem to get my best work done first thing in the morning after a night's rest. For whatever reason, I don't seem to write as well when I'm on other schedules. Maybe that's all in my head because I've been writing so well the past two days.

This morning I wrote another 1700 words. It was a pretty good morning. Hope I can manage another 300 over the next four days so I can declare this a successful week. I called Moose and told him I had a couple of new chapters for him to download. We talked for a bit, then I called Kim and talked to her for an hour. After that, I listened to the last of my backlog of podcasts and found I nothing left to do for the day and it was only 2pm.

I ate lunch and then went to the Hilton to place a losing bet. (Damn baseball, anyway!)

It's going to be a tough month. I am now a couple hundred in the hole for the month and I suppose I should look to break even. We'll see. It's not much more than half over, so I guess there's plenty of time. I am thinking of picking a nice soccer game and putting some big bucks on it. Lately, I feel better about those matches than the baseball.

I'll randomly jump back to the beginning of the post. I'm jealous. Moose told me he has started taking Karate lessons again. I was never a big fan of karate, and definitely preferred Tae Kwon Do as it suited my mentality and physicality better, but at this point, I'd take any martial art over doing nothing. Alas, I have seen neither a school within walking distance, nor have I seen the pile of money that would pay for lessons should one magically sprout up. (Okay, they don't really sprout up magically.)

This, of course, leads me to a natural segue to a comment I made in my phone call to Kim. I miss my Chinese food. (What? Karate is Japanese, Tae Kwon Do is Korean, and now I'm discussing Chinese food. How much more natural can you get?) Having a Chinese restaurant right around the corner from my apartment for eight years in Albany was pretty great. I'm a sucker for the old reliables like chicken with broccoli, pork lo mien, or the bucket o' meat. I forget what that's called in Chinese, boneless pork spare ribs I think, but I'm not sure if that's a direct translation.

The closest chinese place around here is half way to the grocery store. That's much too far. It's got to be about a half mile. I'm much too old and fat to be traveling that far for food. Maybe when I was young and filled with hate I'd have made the trip, but I don't have that kind of energy anymore. Kim suggested that they might deliver if I order a lard pack size order. It's a thought.

Getting back to my post, after placing my losing bet I had to figure out what I was going to do with myself. I opted for starting Season 5 of M*A*S*H. (Yes, that's actually the way the title is supposed to be spelled.) After several hours of viewing, I finally decided it was time to bore everyone with the goings on of my day. Sorry, once again I am a bore. What can I do?

No comments: