Saturday, August 16, 2008

Unenjoyable

I am at a point in my sleep cycle that I find to be least favorable. I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I really hate sleeping the afternoon early evening segment of the day. It really cuts off any chance I have at any sort of contact with people. Granted, 14 times out of 15 I'd prefer to not be bothered at the initial stages of the day so I can work, but I like to have the option available.

Today for instance, I woke up about 6:30pm and I just didn't feel like writing. I have work planned, but feel like today is a day where I need a break. I think I need to take a day to grab some perspective. I didn't even realize it was Saturday, until maybe a couple of hours ago. I've just been so focused of late the days slip by and I don't know where they've gone. Since I have stuff planned out, I am sure I could take a couple pills of motivation, but I'm just going to let it go today. I haven't gotten more than 6 hours of sleep all week, so perhaps I am just getting worn down. Too much caffeine this week no doubt. It wasn't my fault. There was a sale on Pepsi products at the 7-Eleven.

Ah, now I feel better. Like a good American I am pushing the blame of my actions on someone or something else. What a great period of history we live in, not being responsible for even our own actions. Thank you psychology! Your science knows no bounds in finger pointing, and I appreciate that. It kind of brings tears to my eyes.

Oh yeah, yeah, naturally that's tears of joy. I thought I didn't have to point that out.

Anyway, I guess I have nothing useful to post and am simply wasting time. I am pretty sure I'll start the second novel in that podiobook series I mentioned earlier this week. It's obvious I need to recharge a bit today.

No comments: