Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back on the Chain Gang

Okay, after five days of R&R I put myself back in front of the computer for the purposes of working on the novel. I wrote 1417 words and then took a nap for an hour and then I updated my character sheets. Something I haven't done in a while. I put in 598 words there, giving me over 2000 words on the day.

I had a goal set for this month to surpass last months 27,000 words and I am quite close. As of today, I have 21,954 of 28,000 completed. Thankfully, I had that 12,000 word week early in the month to make up for my recent rest period. Alas, even if I do manage to set a new production record, there is little hope of me breaking it next month since I'll be starting the employment preparations. I'll have no complaints. This summer was extraordinarily productive.

After a bit more than eight hours sleep and more than an hours nap, I am still incredibly exhausted. Granted, I've had no caffeine for three days, but I'm saving that as a last resort for Sunday. If I need a few thousand words on that last day, I'm hoping a caffeine burst will help put me over the top.

The real issue with today's loginess stems from the fact that I have no new writing plans for tomorrow. I haven't yet managed to come up with the next chapter and I wanted to do that today. Perhaps, I'll have to take another nap to sharpen up my mind and see if anything pops in. I don't really want to do that, but I don't see how else I'm going to make it through the day.

I'm going to keep this short today. I had some low fat, low sodium, ramen noodles and they turned my stomach. So much for pretending to eat not as unhealthy as I normally do.

No comments: