Friday, April 11, 2008

A Copy of a Copy of a Copy...

The only thing I guess I can report for the past day or so, is that nap that I mentioned in my previous mammoth post and said it would likely screw up my sleeping, did indeed screw up my sleeping. I went to bed and slept for a whole hour. I was then up until 10am, went to bed, and woke up again at 3pm.

The main reason that sleeping all day is such a problem is in regards to making my sports bets. I can't always get up in time to make the bets that I want, or force myself awake and don't have the motivation to hike my arse to the Hilton. More importantly, I can't always get the proper news during the night. Injury reports and such are obviously really important and sometimes they don't come out until a few hours before game time.

Another problem, with me fighting it all the time, I am perpetually tired. Those that have watched "Fight Club", may recall one of the comments Edward Norton's character makes about his insomnia, to paraphrase: Everything seems like a copy of a copy of a copy.

It's really true. When I sleep 5-6 hours out of 40, by the end I just don't have anything in me to write, whether it's the book or this blog. It sucks.

Anyway, I'll just apologize for the extra long post last time. I hope it was entertaining nonetheless. I had to edit it down to keep it from being much longer. Unfortunately, I had to cut out the whole section regarding the alien invasion, but it was much too long with that.

I'll add that in some other time.

No comments: