Friday, April 25, 2008

I still have a little magic in me; I'm not such a loser after all!

The title is taken from a line spoken by Winter in the stop motion animation cartoon, "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town". A Christmas favorite of my sister and myself. That line in particular was one we both found extra amusing for a children's cartoon. Alas, they don't make them like they used to! I have always, and still do, enjoy that type of animation over the more modern computer aided crap. You can just feel the personal touch the creators put into their work. As opposed to now-a-days where an artists personal touch is realized by subliminally or not so subliminally implanting sex words, objects, and organs into the background of their work. But I digress before this turns into a dissing Disney diatribe...

I am quite excited this afternoon because it is Friday and I just reached my 4000 word goal for the week. Thus, I have two more days of writing to do with my goal already achieved. I may just have to take one of those days off, go to the Hilton, and enjoy watching some of the basketball playoffs. Feel free to stop by Cullen. We can expound on the disappointment that is the Phoenix Suns this year.

I suppose I should be reluctant to call this an accomplishment seeing as it is my sixth week of writing and is only the first time I have actually achieved my goal. But then, with so little of myself to be proud of, I have to take my victories when I get them. You know, like farting in public without anybody being to tell it was you.

Speaking of victories. I have not made any mention of my gambling because I made a bet using a rather large portion of my liquid bankroll that prevents me from really wanting to risk anymore of it for the time being. Despite the bet being a pretty good bet, it will take another week to settle, so I probably won't have much in terms of gambling news in that time. Unless, of course, I get motivated enough to write about a particular concept. As I said before, at some point I need to write about run lines and puck lines.

If I win the bet, I will have won enough in April to cover my rent again, but not much more. If I lose, well, I'll be back in New York a lot quicker than anyone anticipated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Pat:

Sorry about cutting you short the other day. The cell phone was cutting out and I could only hear ever other word.

Just wanted to let you know that Jack's is just like it used to be. Great Pizza, really bad service.

Charles