Monday, March 24, 2008

Week One

I hope everyone had a pleasant Easter. I figured no one would bother reading any posts this weekend due to the holiday, so I didn't bother writing any.

A big thank you goes out to Kim for sending me a basket of candy for Easter. I am currently looking for some homeless people to give it to. Just kidding. If I wanted to do that, it would be easy as there are several around the neighborhood that I am starting to recognize, though I haven't learned their names. Kim, don't be surprised if I haven't finished it by the time you and Charles visit in June.

I did not finish my first week with the 4000 words that I wanted, but I did manage just over 3800. Considering that represents 95% of my goal and giving myself just the slightest consideration because I had a migraine for three days due to fasting, I will call that goal a push if not a win.

I am still drinking nothing but juices, which means I am taking in about 500-600 calories a day. If that worries you, consider the fact that most of my caloric intake is usually nothing but garbage foods and ask yourself if 3-4,000 calories of junk is better than 500 calories of fruit and vegetable juices? Yeah, that's what I thought! I look at it as simply cutting the garbage out of my diet. Take heart, I am sure I will go back on solid foods soon. I'll start with my famous vegetable soup and then move on to the famous jambalaya eventually. When I make the jambalaya I will be sure to write down how I made it and post it here for Cullen and Vicki. Too bad Kim's basket didn't include any of that yummy creole seasoning from the Hannaford dollar store. I'm almost out.

I didn't place any bets this weekend. Probably a good thing as the bets I considered were a mixed bag of results, so I don't know if I would have ended in the positive. There are two bets I like for tonight, but I am hesitant, which means no bet. We'll see how they pan out in a couple of hours.

As for me, my weekend was fine, if not a little dull. But I kind of like dull and have been enjoying the quiet. Hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would be suprised if you finished it before next Easter! I'm happy to make a creole seasoning run for you. Dollar store or Hannford's?

Doc Brown said...

No need to worry about it now.

I was going to ask you to bring me some when you come out here.

It's at the Dollar Store in the Hannaford plaza.

Unknown said...

It is done. :)