Friday, October 10, 2008

OLU

I've been tired the last few days. Unfortunately, it has kept my motivation low. So yes, this means my job hunt has suffered, but at least I can report that I have finally gotten all of my references on board. When I get back to Vegas next week, I guess I'll have to put things into hyper mode. I feel as though I have let myself be too lazy for too long and need to get my butt in gear.

Because of my tiredness, I decided to check out WebMD.com. It is one of many sites that allows any good hypochondriac the opportunity to determine what ails them. After an extensive search I think I can safely assume that I have OLU. I hadn't heard of it before, but then these names are always latin based, so no one knows what they mean. If I remember correctly, it's spelled Oldi Lazius Uckfay.

It seems to be pretty common in people approaching middle age with sedentary lives. It can also appear in people who are slightly more active, but they tend to be passing middle age. In fact, the likelihood of getting this disease is directly proportional to a person's age. As yet, there does not seem to be any serious correlation as a hereditary disease, but I don't think enough studies have been done. My own personal opinion is that it can be nurtured as much as it appears naturally, but opinions are not very scientific.

Stimulants have been shown to be effective in battling this fatigue-like disease on a day to day basis, but they tend to be addictive and the body quickly becomes adjusted to the affects. In fact, it is not uncommon for the stimulants to keep the person from sleeping regularly only to add more fatigue later. Not surprisingly, regular exercise and healthy eating habits seem to be the best way to combat this disease. Under such a regimen, OLU will slowly fade away in the same way that pneumonia will fade away under proper treatment.

I would like to think that if this disease takes me at too young of an age, a rare happenstance, but a possibility nonetheless, my friends and family will start a foundation in my honor to combat this dreadful affliction. They'll have to. I'm too poor and diseased to take on such a task myself.

No comments: